Thursday, April 14, 2011

Strengths & Weaknesses

As I was taking the UNI surveys, I noticed that I got the same answer for nearly every single question.  I am a technological apprentice, which I am happy about.  I like that I'm not technology-illiterate and that I can navigate my way through the Internet, Microsoft software, and other programs.  I feel like since I'm still a rookie in the education program, I haven't had much experience with planning or developing lessons that focus on technology and all its resources, but I believe I will have many opportunities to do so in the future.

I feel like I have mastered the basics of computer and the Internet and that I have built a solid foundation to further my knowledge and use of technology.  Also feel like I'm a creative person and I am/would be good at thinking of new, fun, interesting ways to incorporate technology into my lessons and future classroom. As far as my weaknesses, I have a hard time knowing what to do when things go wrong.  I always have to go to others if a program won't work or if I can't find a file. Also, I find Google (Docs, Sites, etc.) very innovative and fascinating and I would love to learn more about it.

I found an online tutorial about troubleshooting your computer.  It provides multiple steps you can do to get your computer working properly again; restarting it, checking the cables, etc.  It's got tips about the battery and different maintenance systems you can benefit from.  This will help me move past apprenticeship because once I learn how to troubleshoot, I no longer have to use other people as a resource, they will come to me as a resource.  I also found instructional videos for Google Docs, Google Forms, and all of Google's programs.  As I watch and learn from these, I will better know how to use each program.  Then, I will be able to know the best ways to mix Google into lessons and my career in education.

No comments:

Post a Comment