Thursday, April 21, 2011

Field Experience

Summary
The night before my first day of field experience, I was as nervous as can be.  I had a thousand thoughts racing through my head; “I hope the teacher likes me.  I hope the kids like me.  I hope my partner and I work well together.  What am I going to wear?  What will I teach?  What if I’m an awful teacher?  The moment my partner and I got to the school, we were welcomed with open arms.  The moment we met the students, a smile became glued to our faces that stayed there for three weeks straight.
My partner and I were able to teach a variety of different lessons under our Pioneer theme.  I was very pleased with what we came up with.  Our lessons were interesting, creative, informational, and engaging.  Our cooperating teacher, Mrs. Dixon, seemed to really like them.  She was also a huge help as far as providing us with great materials, fun suggestions, and insider tips that we can carry with us throughout the rest of our teaching careers.  We got the chance to help with and see our fourth graders’ Utah program, which was wonderful.  I learned more about Utah and Pioneers than I ever have before.
            At first, I didn’t quite know what to expect, but I could not have been more pleased with my field experience.  I actually was pretty stunned at how smoothly it all went.  I had an amazing partner, an amazing cooperating teacher, an amazing class, an amazing unit to teach.  I can't help but think that not everyone's field experience went as well as mine did, and I feel very lucky and thankful for getting to have the field experience that I did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment