Thursday, April 14, 2011

My Beliefs

I am a big fan of technology in the classroom.  I believe that technology opens doors that otherwise would remain closed.  Just this year alone, I have been introduced to dozens of technology that benefits education and the learning process.  Google Docs is one of them.  It has completely changed collaboration and group work for me.  It makes it so easy and convenient.  Another example is the Smart Board.  The class I was in for my field experience had a Smart Board and I was blown away.  It accommodates all different types of learners, visual, verbal, kinesthetic, and otherwise.

I believe that all this new and exciting technology is something that is not going away.  It is here to stay.  Not only that, but it will stay and keep improving.  It will continue to get better, smaller, faster, easier, smarter, and more accessible.

However, with society becoming more and more technological, there are some things I don't think we should lose along the way.  There are things that could easily get overshadowed by all the new technological advances.  For example, I believe that kids should still know how to write a proper English paper (without the LOLs and the L8Rs) and how to write proper cursive and have nice handwriting.  As a future teacher, I plan on keeping a few of the "old school" educational practices while still benefiting from technology and using it to prepare my students for their bright futures.

No comments:

Post a Comment