Thursday, April 14, 2011

Lessons Learned

The "Did You Know?" video really opened my eyes and got my brain's wheels turning.  I always find learning about other countries fascinating, and doing so in this technological context was no different.  All the information about China and India made me think, "Wow, I had no idea."  It's crazy to think of the different educational and technological levels different countries are on, and it was somewhat humbling to see where the U.S.is in relation to those two countries.

I also learned a lot from the article, "The New WWW".  I knew that we lived in technology-centered society, but this article did a great job of just how technology-centered life is nowadays.  It put into very real terms just how fast and easy and accessible the world is.  I learned about ClassAct Portals and the different ways to incorporate technology into the classroom; WebQuests, classroom websites, etc.

I learned that the best way to stay on top of school technology is reading how successful school are doing it day in and day out.  I learned how important it is to prepare our students to live in this digital world.  One part in the video that stood out to me was the part that talked about how we're preparing kids for jobs that haven't even been created yet, and that we're training them to solve problems that aren't even classified as problems yet.  Incorporating technology into the classroom and introducing our students to the technology world and guiding them through it is extremely important.

No comments:

Post a Comment