Wednesday, March 2, 2011

3 March 2011 - Digital Story 2

What?
This week in Instructional Media, we learned all about Copyright laws.

So What?
Copyright laws mean a lot to teachers and the education system.  They place many restrictions on what teachers can and cannot do or use.  We were introduced to this topic because it will effect us in our future teaching careers very often.  We need to learn about them now so that as we start planning and putting lessons together, we can stay within the bounds of Copyright and the law.

Now What?
Copyright laws will make it so I have to be an aware and creative teacher - aware as to what I can or cannot use, and creative as to coming up with new ideas of Copyright laws make it so I can't use or do something.  Learning about Copyright was extremely interesting to me.  I didn't know much about it before this week, but now I know that close to everything is illegal - even taking one of your DVDs over to a friend's house.  Now that I know about Copyright, I will do my part in following those rules, in the classroom or otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment